Saturday, January 26, 2013

NEW Rimmel Apocalips Tried and Tested



New Rimmel Apocalips

I have seen these new lip-tastic releases from Rimmel circling around blog society, stirring up an outrageous storm, so I just had to try them for myself.

The Wand - A Normal Sponge Aplicator

I was intrigued by the idea of a gloss, applied with a small foam wand, being so highly pigmented and not subtle or sheer at all... Can this really be? Well it can, because there are literally like a lipstick and a gloss rolled into one futuristic package. I bought it in just two colours, because I am trying to be good and because they looked saucy enough to eat.

Colour one is; 500 Luna, a peachy coral. Normally with a coral lip, you imagine subtle colour, especially with a gloss. You'd probably think a shimmer, over the natural colour of your lips, with a hint of a peach shade if you're lucky. Well think again. I was surprised and delighted simultaneously with the thick (yet not gloopy or sticky) gloss, which applies like a dream and colours your lips in a block, yet sophisticated colour.

Luna on my Lips

The next colour I proudly purchased, was 501 Stellar. This is a vibrant pinky/red colour, not as 'fire engine' red as the packaging may suggest, (a lot of swatching went on in boots), which I really love, because it will work really well with a pink blush, and as much as I love a red, red... this is just that ounce more subtle and engaging with my skin tone, in this product.

Stella on my Lips

I love these glosses, they aren't to heavy or sticky, they glide on like a dream and they are absolutely bursting with colour and dimension. I'm wearing Luna now, just for the sake of it... the buttery texture just feels so smooth and soft. Yum.


Swatch - Luna and Stellar


These glorious gloss-sticks are available from all good Rimmel counters, I got mine from Boots, which currently have a 3 for 2 offer on all Rimmel. (I needed a liquid eyeliner too..), so go out there and have a space-age adventure with these luscious lip treats.

Let me know what you think of the colours guys, I am in love!

Luscious Lip Lovin', Lauren xx












6 comments:

  1. great review! i love the look of stellar x

    http://vividiorquue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks lovely! I love them both, stellar is so easy to wear, despite being such a strong colour! definite thumbs up from me.

    Your blog looks great, i'll definitely follow :D x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of getting Stella but still not sure. They both look lovely on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would definitely recommend it, you can build it up for an intense colour, or put on one coat and blend with your finger for a more subtle look. Thank you gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm lusting these products so, so bad. Gotta wait until they cross the pond and come to Canada...
    Have you tried the YSL Glossy Stains, and if so, how do they compare? I love my Glossy Stains but the price tag is sooo harsh...

    Allie
    http://ordinaryallie.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually haven't!! I have heard a lot about them, but honestly I'm a recent gloss convert... I was put off by really sticky glosses in the past, so I have avoided them for years, but these are so amazing, they aren't sticky and they just sink into your lips. Do you know when they'll be in Canada? I hope it's not too long!! :)

      Lauren xx

      Delete