Saturday, February 22, 2014

NEW| The Sponge Edit

Models Own and Real Techniques Sponges





I have been intrigued by the use of a sponge for foundation application for a while, so I decided to pick up a few from Boots, to see what I thought. Models Own 'egg shaped make-up applicator' retails for £8 for 2 and you can pick them up from here, and the Real Techniques 'miracle complexion sponge' goes for £5.99 from here.

Now normally, I use a typical foundation brush to apply my liquid foundation, followed by a buffing brush, to ensure the product is fully blended and evenly applied. I was interested to see what type of result I could achieve from a product which is essentially both applicator and blender in one.

They work really well, not holding onto too much product, allowing for even distribution. I think the real techniques sponge edges it just for me, as the one flat side near the tip of the egg is great for blending under the eyes and around difficult to reach corners on the face. 

I am a convert! I cannot wait to create some more flawless foundation looks using these applicators, I will try using one in a video tutorial soon too. (If you haven't seen my YouTube channel you can find it here!)



Lots of Love,






No comments:

Post a Comment